UnitedHealthcare announced it will be partnering with DeKalb Physician Hospital Organization in Georgia, to launch an accountable care program. The program hopes to improve both patient care and satisfaction through better coordinated care and shared risk.
UnitedHealthcare and DPHO will implement a value-based payment care model and share the savings form the program as well. The collaboration will also implement the shared use of technology and data. Both organizations will collect and analyze data to help improve performance in everything from emergency room visits to hospital re-admissions.
They will supplement each other's data to help support overall population health. This will give both companies actionable patient data, which can help them fill potential gaps in care and identify high-risk patients.
The Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) plans to tie 90% of all Medicare payments to value-based models by 2018, making the shift imminent. Value based reimbursement (VBR) models reduce costs and improve care outcomes through requiring providers to meet quality threshold in addition to keeping costs low.
UnitedHealthcare Value-Based Care Facts
- UnitedHealthcare's total payments to physicians and hospitals that are tied to value-based arrangements have tripled in the last three years to more than $48 billion.
- By the end of 2018, UnitedHealthcare expects that figure to reach $65 billion.
BHM's Accountable Care Organization Conversion Process
The BHM ACO Process not only
ensures that organizations achieve successful status as an ACO, and facilitates future success by looking at the complex quality, financial, and clinical dynamics at play with proper alignment of all areas across the organization.
- ACO Readiness Assessment:
- Works with your organization to conduct an assessment identifying conversion gaps and goals.
- Professionally Managed Implementation:
- Dedicated ACO project managers and the latest project management tools to create an implementation plan for conversion success.
- Financial Viability Strategy:
- Highest level financial consultants working on maximizing revenue strategies both during and after conversion
- Post Implementation Assessment:
- Achieve your goals and measure progress through detailed reporting. Puts the power of clinical, financial and quality data in your hands.
BHM helps organizations make the transformation to Accountable Care with strategic planning that allows you to successfully convert to a quality driven organization. Click here for a free industry brief on ACOs' growth and success factors.