|click here or click for a free copy of this case study.
BHM has extensive experience helping organizations make the conversion to MCOs. Our skilled experts in financial, clinical, and operational improvement are ready to assist you every step of the way. To learn more about how BHM can assist you |
Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) utilize an array of important techniques to decrease the cost of care. From provider networks to formal utilization review and quality improvement programs, MCO are becoming a popular option in healthcare organizations. If you are thinking of transitioning to an MCO, the case study outlined below is a great resource.
Case Study: MCO
One of the most significant challenges the organization faces is working effectively with its network of over 350 contracted providers. These include both full contracts and client-specific contracts. It works with 1,068 licensed practitioners, many of which operate in multiple counties and have more than one license, and/or are licensed clinicians within a hospital, CABHA, or agency. Additionally, the MCO providers bill a total of 183 different service codes, a factor which can further complicate the IRO process.
- The MCO found that integrating BHM’s IRO service was exceptionally simple.
- The first step was to go live with a fully customizable Peer Review System, a process which proved to be unexpectedly fast and trouble-free.
- The organization simply provided a list of the review criteria it required. Within days, BHM had precisely fulfilled each of the requests for custom content that the MCO had desired.
- Once this phase was completed, the MCO’s staff found it equally easy to learn and use the system.
- BHM provided complete training, with follow-up meetings to answer questions and provide user tips and support.
BHM’s IRO services consistently deliver the results the MCO hoped to achieve. On average, BHM IRO Services are saving the organization and its state’s taxpayers $2 million per year.