BHM Healthcare Solutions, a healthcare consulting firm first introduced the PRS portal for providing physician peer reviews in August 2011. Since then, BHMs IT Department has made continual improvements to the PRS Portal to increase automation, efficiency, and responsiveness.
BHM Healthcare Solutions, a healthcare consulting firm first introduced the PRS Portal, an easy to use automated peer review tool that ensures and efficient and effective review process in August 2011. Since then, the portal has received rave reviews for its user friendly functionality, and ease of use. In an effort to make the system even more responsive a number of enhancements, which are now available to BHM peer review clients, have been made to the PRS Portal.
The PRS Portal was designed to provide a secure, automated solution for the provision of peer reviews including standard reviews and expedited reviews, across a broad range of review types, as part of BHMs Independent Review Organization service line. Enhancements which were recently added include:
- An optimized dashboard screen allowing for the management of all request, editing of the user profile, and generation of reports
- Intuitive step by step processes through the portal which guide the users in data entry
- Improved peer review cross check capabilities which result in automated email notification when missing or invalid information is provided
- Enhanced usability features including options for color coding requests, and specially designed time tracking icon which displays the status of the request and the deadline for a decision
- “At a glance” synopsis of review decisions, including the electronic signature of the reviewer and a physician advisor physician note
- Upgraded reporting capabilities; and
- A suite of drop down menus which are provided to allow selection of the level of care requested, and the criteria set fields, which are customizable on a per client basis
BHM expects the unique and responsive features to continue to allow for the provision of physician peer reviews in a manner which will continue to sustain the organizations 100% client satisfaction rating. Leaders in the PRS Portal redesign include BHM’s Brian Johnson, Chief Technology Officer and Annette Donovan, Physician Advisor Liaison. According to BHM President, Mark Rosenberg “Our goal in the redesign was to strive toward continually improving and optimizing our service offerings, and we feel that we have accomplished this with the newly launched PRS Portal which is easy, efficient, and effective. We are excited about the responses that we have already gotten from our clients, and are proud to be meeting their independent review organization needs by providing the latest in physician advisor/peer review technology.”
BHM is a healthcare management consulting firm whose specialty is optimizing profitability while improving care in a variety of health care settings. BHM has worked both nationally and internationally with managed care organizations, providers, hospitals, and insurers. In addition to this BHM offers a wide breadth of services including peer review services, accreditation/compliance, financial risk management, clinical operations, quality improvement, and denial management.