|CLICK HERE to contact us today.
BHM has a proven track record of successfully assisting healthcare organizations in the transformation process. BHM provides services review services and performance improvement consulting to health plans, providers, ACOs, TPAs, workers’ compensation and other insurers nationally. |
As the last week of 2017 closes, BHM looks forward to helping your organization build and grow in the coming year. In three separate articles, healthcare experts commented on major strategies and trends. Their observations in these specific articles apply to what organizations must do for growth in 2017. growth in 2017
Roy Beveridge, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Humana. “Metrics that are not connected to patient health can serve as obstacles in their transition and distract from the intent of care tied to quality.” – beckerhospitalreview.com
Caleb Johnson, CFO of Quincy, Calif.-based Plumas Hospital District, offered advice on improving revenue cycle management. “I’m a strong believer in the DMAIC quality strategy for improving processes,” he said. “That is, to
- define the problem,
- measure your processes’ performance,
- analyze their root causes of variation,
- improve process improvement by addressing/eliminating the root causes, and
- control the improved process to avoid future/further variation.
The revenue cycle can be overwhelming or unwieldy at times, with so many critical inputs whose variations may cause unexpected, harmful results. The DMAIC structure helps put method to the madness, and convert words and intentions into actions and positive results.” beckerhospitalreview.com
L. Patrick James, MD, chief clinical officer of health plans and policy and medical affairs at Quest Diagnostics, noted the emphasis the final MACRA rule placed on technology. “The final rule places heavy importance on the use of technology, so it’s clear that healthcare data and analytics will play an increasingly important role in MACRA adoption.” – healthpayerintelligence.com
PwC expresses their view of 2017 in their Issues Report:
Top 10 health issues for Growth in 2017
Many of 2017’s Top issues highlight how this shift toward value is occurring, and how traditional health organizations and new entrants are responding to it. There are three main tactics that organizations will use to address this shift to value – they will adapt, they will innovate and they will build new programs and approaches to their work.
Adapt for value
- Under a new administration, the fate of the ACA remains unclear
- Pharma’s new strategic partner? Patients
- Easing the training wheels off value-based payment
- Insert your card here for healthcare
Innovate for value
- Paging Dr. Drone: It’s time to prepare for emerging technologies
- The battle against infectious diseases sparks invention
- Rx cauliflower: Nutrition moves to population health
Build for value
- Putting the brakes – gently – on drug prices
- A year of new partnerships and collaborations
- Preparing medical students for work in a value-based world
As the last week of 2017 closes, BHM looks forward to helping your organization build and grow in the coming year.
BHM has a proven track record of successfully assisting healthcare organizations in the transformation process. BHM provides services review services and performance improvement consulting to health plans, providers, ACOs, TPAs, workers’ compensation and other insurers nationally. CLICK HERE to contact us today and begin growing tomorrow.