How much do you know about the Affordable Care Act? Have you read all 900 pages? Do you know what to expect in the years to come? Below is a quiz to test your knowledge to see if you are an ACA expert.
- The ACA included rules to prevent insurance companies from denying coverage to children under _____ years of age due to a pre-existing condition.
- The ACA prevented insurance companies from __________ coverage and deems this now to be illegal.
- The ACA provided consumers with a means to ___________ coverage determinations or claims and establishes an external review process.
- The ACA provided small business health insurance__________ credits which can range up to 35% of the employer’s contribution to the employee’s health insurance.
- The ACA eliminated the _______-_____________ condition for those who have been uninsured at least six months because of this condition.
- The ACA offered _____________ drug discounts for seniors who reach a gap in coverage when buying Medicare Part covered brand-name _____________drugs.
- The ACA provided certain free ______________ care for seniors such as annual wellness.
- The ACA established a new Center for Medicare and Medicaid ____________ that will be used for testing new ways to deliver care.
- The ACA established that at least _________% of all premium dollars collected by insurance companies for large employer plans are spent on health care services.
- The ACA established a hospital _________-Based Purchasing program.
- The ACA provided incentives for physicians to join together to form _____________ Care Organizations.
- The ACA reduced paperwork and ___________ costs.
- The ACA provided new _____________options for long-term care insurance.
- The ACA will improve ___________ health coverage at little or no cost to the patient.
- The ACA will expand authority to ___________ payments establishing flat rates for episodes of care rather than individual doctor’s offices.
- The ACA will require states to pay primary care physicians no less than _________% of Medicare payment rates in 2013 and 2014.
- The ACA will prohibit _______________ based upon pre-existing conditions or gender.
- The ACA will establish affordable insurance _______________.
- The ACA will increase the tax business tax credit to up to _______%.
- The ACA will increase access to Medicaid by allowing Americans who earn up to _______% of the poverty level to enroll.
- Physicians will be paid based upon _________ rather than volume.
BHM Healthcare Solutions is a healthcare management consulting company with many areas of expertise including: physician advisor services, financial analysis, revenue cycle, denials management, accreditation, compliance, quality management, clinical improvement, training, and executive recruitment/interim staffing. Please visit our site https://bhmpc.com to see how we can assist you and call 1-888-831-1171 to setup a free consultation or ask any questions you may have.