The Independent Review Organization (IRO) Division has recently been working toward increasing customer satisfaction, engagement and outreach with two exciting new initiatives: improving the customer experience in usage of the PRS Portal, and improving customer responsiveness with a dedicated IRO IT Work Group. Learn more about the customer pleasing enhancements below.
Client Friendly PRS Portal Enhancements
BHM first introduced the PRS Portal in August 2011, an easy to use automated peer review tool that ensures an efficient and effective review process. Since then, the portal has received rave reviews for its user-friendly functionality, and ease of use. In an effort to make the system even more responsive, a number of enhancements, which are now available to BHM peer review clients, have been made to the PRS Portal.
The PRS Portal was designed to provide a secure, automated solution for the provision of peer reviews including standard reviews and expedited reviews, across a broad range of review types, as part of BHMs Independent Review Organization service line. Enhancements which were recently added include:
- An optimized dashboard screen allowing for the management of all requests, editing of the user profile, and generation of reports
- Intuitive step-by-step processes through the portal which guide the users in data entry
- Improved peer review cross check capabilities which result in automated email notification when missing or invalid information is provided
- Enhanced usability features including options for color coding requests, and specially designed time tracking icon which displays the status of the request and the deadline for a decision
- “At a glance” synopsis of review decisions, including the electronic signature of the reviewer and a physician advisor physician note
- Upgraded reporting capabilities; and
- A suite of drop-down menus which are provided to allow selection of the level of care requested, and the criteria set fields, which are customizable on a per client basis
BHM expects the unique and responsive features to continue to allow for the provision of physician peer reviews in a manner which will continue to sustain the organization’s 100% client satisfaction rating. Leaders in the PRS Portal redesign include: BHM’s Brian Johnson, Chief Technology Officer and Annette Donovan, Manager of IRO Services.
According to BHM President, Mark Rosenberg “Our goal in the redesign was to strive toward continually improving and optimizing our service offerings, and we feel that we have accomplished this with the newly launched PRS Portal which is easy, efficient, and effective. We are excited about the responses that we have already received from our clients, and are proud to be meeting their independent review organization needs by providing the latest in physician advisor/peer review technology.”
BHM Establishes Dedicated IRO IT Work Group
To be a leader in the IRO industry, it is important that we stay on the cutting edge of technology, and are constantly working to update our products in a way which increases work flow efficiency and client satisfaction. In order to accomplish this task, the IRO Division has created a dedicated IRO IT Work Group which meets monthly to work on the development and roll out of IT enhancements for the PRS Portal. Current group members include: Brian Johnson, Mike Forrester, Danyell Jones, Annette Ainsleigh, Annette Donovan, and Senthil Ramiah. Thus far the group has worked to develop a dynamic project plan for IT system improvements which responds to the needs of BHM’s peer review clients, and members Brian Johnson and Senthil Ramiah have been instrumental in the technical development and accomplishment of these system tasks, with testing and roll out being conducted by Annette Ainsleigh, Annette Donovan and Mike Forrester. We are excited to continually work within this group to develop and implement improvements which will enhance BHM’s IRO Division and product line. Be sure to keep an eye out for more customer pleasing enhancements in the future from BHM Healthcare Solutions!